Favourites of 2016

Happy new year! I hope you all have a successful, healthy and happy 2017. New year's eve is one of my favourite celebrations; a chance to reflect on all of the good things that have happened the year before (see my 16 favourites of 2016 below), party and look forward to new beginnings. Just before Christmas, I received the most amazing surprise new year's bloggers box from Talking Tables which had everything I needed to create the perfect party. In the box were gold table lights, metallic foil straws, canape plates, hand-held flaming fountains, a party banner and glitterati table bomb. All of these things certainly made a wonderful party atmosphere, so thank you Taking Tables! Jonny and I stayed in for new year's eve and had our own little party with lots of yummy food, party games and singing. As the countdown to the new year begun, we lit the table bomb which filled the room with glittery confetti, gold streamers, rocket balloons, paper hats and eye masks and as the clock struck twelve we watched all of the many fireworks going off in celebration on our balcony. It was amazing!



Favourite film. The Theory of Everything has definitely been my most watched DVD of 2016 and it's quickly become one of my all time favourite films. Inspiring, heartbreaking, romantic and thought provoking. If you haven't seen this yet, you totally need to.
Favourite film at the cinema. Bridget Jones's Baby is by far the best film I saw at the cinema in 2016. I love all three Bridget Jones movies, but this one is my favourite! I really need to read the books this year... and re-watch all three movies!
Favourite TV series. It has to be Stranger Things. This is an incredible watch and is totally gripping; I can't wait for the second series to air on Netflix later on in the year.
Favourite new thing. I haven't been swimming in years, so it was so nice to try it again towards the end of last year and actually enjoy it! I'm not and don't think I will ever be a gym person, so this is my best option to getting fit this year.
Favourite bake. This is a tough one. I made so many delicious things last year. If I had to pick only one though, it would probably be these ice-cream cupcakes. They were so fun to make and also, how cute do they look?!


Favourite place to eat. Piccolino's was the first restaurant Jonny and I went to when we lived in Bristol and we both absolutely loved it. It's quite possibly my favourite place to go for Italian food now and I'm so glad they have a few of the restaurants up north too!
Favourite day out. 2016 was full of lovely days out. My favourite has to be our trip to the Foodies Festival; lots of food, sun, good company, drinks, music, more food... I can't think of anything better. I'm so looking forward to going again this year!
Favourite holiday. My boyfriend, his parents, sister and I took a trip to the peak district and stayed in the most gorgeous country house in the summer. It was so lovely to get to know his family better over drinks, games, countryside walks and picturesque scenery.
Favourite city. My best friend and I visited Bath for the first time last year and it's such a beautiful place. We walked around and soaked up all of the pretty sights, enjoyed a much needed catch up and had lunch in the cutest little cafe. I really want to go again but for a weekend away perhaps so that I can enjoy the city for longer! 
Favourite beauty products. My most used and loved beauty products of last year include the Tanya Burr perfect brows palette, NYX soft matte lip cream in Cannes, Chanel coco mademoiselle, The Balm nude 'tude eyeshadow palette and Dove's dry hair oil.
Favourite skincare products. I discovered lots of new skincare favourites but the ones that stand out most to me are the Nip+Fab glycolic fix cleansing pads, The Body Shop's Himalayan charcoal mask and Vichy's normaderm hyaluspot. 


video


Favourite blog post. After not blogging a lot in the first half of the year, I really enjoyed blogging consistently in the second half. My top three posts of 2016 were my stay at Ox Pasture Hall, how to decorate a gingerbread house and my day at the Foodies Festival.
Favourite collaboration. I have been lucky enough to work with so many amazing brands in the past year, but my best experience was definitely collaborating with Ox Pasture Hall. They allowed me to stay in the most incredible luxury suite and treated Jonny and I like royalty, I loved it! It was a great weekend and one that I won't forget.
Favourite blogging moment. The highlight of blogging for me last year was being featured in Blogosphere Magazine. It's a great achievement and I love how my article turned out. It's proudly placed and will remain on my coffee table for quite some time!
Favourite win. I enter a few giveaways every now and then and my favourite prize that I won in 2016 has to be the instax mini. I'm looking forward to taking many Polaroid photos and capturing lots of amazing memories with my new camera in 2017!
Favourite celebration. This is a tough one as both mine and Jonny's birthdays were so special, as well as Valentine's day and our Christmas day. However, our new year's eve was AMAZING, making it my favourite celebration of 2016! The night was perfect and it really was a great way to end 2016 and start the new year.

Follow me on BLOGLOVIN'/TWITTER/INSTAGRAM 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig