Afternoon Tea at the Hilton Sheffield

Hello everyone,

 Despite not liking tea (I always go for a hot chocolate), one of my favourite things to do is go out for afternoon tea. Just before my final semester of uni began, my boyfriend and I decided to go and treat ourselves to afternoon tea. Once dressed up in my new red blazer and matching lipstick, we headed to the Hilton in Sheffield which is just around the corner from the city centre. As we entered the beautifully decorated hotel, we were greeted by lovely staff who directed us to our table where we ordered our drinks; I obviously ordered a hot chocolate (which was so yummy!) and my boyfriend ordered tea. A short while later, our afternoon tea arrived. The first thing I noticed was the cake and how delicious it looked! The three tier cake stand was filled with delicate cucumber, ham and salmon sandwich fingers, two large, chunky slices of carrot cake, creamy chocolate eclairs, two pieces of soft Victoria sponge and scones with clotted cream and jam. My favourite had to be the chocolate eclair and the Victoria sponge - the cake was so light and fluffy and with a delicate layer of raspberry jam tasted so delicious! After eating as much as we could, we ended our little date with a walk around the shops before heading home for a much needed rest after consuming so much cake! 




Priced at only £12.50 per person for a traditional afternoon tea, I think I'd definitely go back as you get so much for the price and the cakes are amazing! If you're closer to Manchester I'd also recommend afternoon tea at Cloud 23, it's slightly more expensive than the Sheffield one but you do get a few more things. Where do you like to go for afternoon tea? Any recommendations would be great, I would love to try them out!


Lauren
xxx

14 comments

  1. Just come across your blog

    It's lovely !!!!

    I am now following!!

    and I have shared your page

    would be amazing if you would check out my friend blog Jadiee'sLittleBlog and maybe comment or folllow her back

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, that's a great price. Looks delish! You guys are the cutest. ;) xx

    Fash Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love high tea! Super jealous.

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute date <3 Everything looks scrumptious
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Everything was so tasty, especially the cakes! xx

      Delete
  5. This looks absolutely lovely. I would love to go for afternoon tea, especially with the winter weather outside. A great cuppa would really hit the spot.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! You should try it one day, it is so nice to do for a day out! xx

      Delete
  6. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love afternoon tea! Everything looks so yummy! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing, and making me hungry haha!

    Nathalie- http://love-nathalie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fab. I have not been for afternoon tea for ages, want one now :)
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig