Thursday, 7 August 2014

Student Box Swap


Hello everyone,

Emily and I are now approaching our third and final year at university and have just moved into a new house together with some of our friends from last year (moving house is so hectic, we haven’t had any internet for the past month, which explains our lack of blogging lately!). As a way of making up for our absence from the blogosphere, we decided to create a ‘Student Box Swap’ which we hope will encourage student bloggers to get to know each other, share experiences and discover new blogs as well as gaining a box of surprises in the post before the new term begins. We’ve had the idea for a while and think it will be fun so we hope some of you join in! The Student Box Swap #StudentBoxSwap is for both current and new students starting university or college in September in the UK.

The box is to be filled with all things which you think your fellow student blogger will like. To make the box more fun, one item within the box must be something that you consider as a ‘must have’ to survive through college/university. This could be a product you found vital during fresher’s week, an item you couldn’t survive without during exam season or simply something you think your student blogger partner will love.

Here are just a few ideas of what you could put in the box…
-A cute home accessory
-Make-up
-Candle
-Notepads
-Quirky stationary
-Drinking game
-DVD and sweets

Feel free to email laurenslittleblogs@gmail.com or aletterfromem@gmail.com if you have any questions. Please comment below if you would like to participate in the Student Box Swap and leave your email address so either Emily or I can email you once you’ve been paired with another student blogger.

An email will be sent out to you on the 28th of August with the name and email address of your blogger pairing, so if you want to take part please comment before this date. Once you have been paired with someone you will be able to get to know one another and find out what each other likes (which may be useful when filling your box!), check out each other’s blogs and buy items to fill the box with.

The budget for filling the swap box is between £10-£15, no more; no less (we want it to be fair for everyone! J). Boxes are to be sent out between the the 8th-14th September, just before the first semester begins. We hope some of you would join our Student Box Swap; we’re excited to hear from you! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #StudentBoxSwap on twitter for more information and updates!

Student Bloggers taking part so far...
Emily-Jane www.elature.blogspot.co.uk
Fatiima www.alittlebloglife.blogspot.co.uk
Anna www.annainwonderland.co.uk
Emily www.aletterfromem.blogspot.co.uk
Me www.laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
Emma


                                 




Lauren
xxx

48 comments:

  1. Such a fab idea! Can't wait till I go to Uni. Great post love, keep it up

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely idea. Too bad I graduated from Uni last year lol :( X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Idea for uni students!
    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea!! Wish I was still at uni, only finished last year but it seems so long ago already! Make the most of it :) (wow I sound like an old lady haha!)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter


    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice idea! Unfortunately I live in the Netherlands, so cannot really join in (posting is a bit expensive) but to all who do, enjoy the gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea! If I wasn't in Australia, I would definitely join in, but I don;t expect anyone to pay the extortionate postage costs! :) I look forward to seeing everyone's posts!

    Beth. x

    Sometimes The Stars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is a GREAT idea! If I wasn't in the US I would totally participate :)

    Kim

    http://trendkeeper.me

    http://youtube.com/thetrendkeeper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a really nice idea! :)

    #TheSummerLinkUp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lauren. I am a PhD student, so not quite a Uni student...can I still take part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course you can :)! Leave your email address below and I'll put you on the list :) xx

      Delete
    2. annajamiescanlon@gmail.com :)

      Delete
  10. Hi, thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! This sounds like such a great idea, i would love to take part. I'm currently about the start my second year in September :)

    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, will put your name on the list :)! xx

      Delete
  11. Just came across to ur Blog. it’s lovely. I’m following u. recently I have started my blog n I’m quite new at blogging world. I wld be glad if u do visit my blog nd show love by following me. It wld be ur kind appreciation. Hav a nice day…Xoxo.
    http://www.suraiyahaque.com/2014/01/the-body-shop-chocomania-body-butter.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing idea.
    Fingers crossed that I'll be a Student this September (results tomorrow aah)
    here's my email adrugstoreaddiction@yahoo.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck, I'm sure you'll do great :)!!! I'll add you to the list now :) xx

      Delete
  13. This sounds such a cute idea! I love box swaps and would love to get involved! :) my email is hdotxo@gmail.com

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's great, I'll put you on the list right away! :) xx

      Delete
  14. I would love to be involved my email is oliviamulhearn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great :D I'll add you to the list xx

      Delete
  15. id love to do this it sounds amazing! my email address is helenamulhearn@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :D I'll add you to the list xx

      Delete
  16. Aww, what a cute idea for uni students :)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats such à Darling idea. Im no longer a Student , and that for à Long Time but its so cute Im looking forward to see What you are going to swap girls !
    Xxx

    Love From Paris,
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to get involved in this :) Such a cute idea. My email is emma.m.luxron@gmail.com

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! :D I'll add you to the list xx

      Delete
  19. Lovely idea, I'll join in :) my email is jenny.k4293@gmail.com. I'm about to go into my fourth year so hopefully I'll be able to think of some useful things- plus it would be lovely to have a few treats to get the year going! Good work girls :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add your name to the list :) That's great! We thought that too, a few treats at the start of the year definitely would be lovely! xx

      Delete
  20. I'm starting college this September and would love to join, such a nice idea! My email is loveheartsandfairydust@hotmail.com xo
    loveheartsandfairydust.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'll add your name to the list! xx

      Delete
  21. Very glad you sent me the link to this! I'd love to get involved. My email address is missisgoode@gmail.com. Such a great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great :D thank you, I'll add you to the list :) xx

      Delete
  22. I'd love to take part, so glad I found a link to this! My email address is meganwilliams97@hotmail.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post dear!

    XX

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great idea!

    I am hosting a POLAROID CAMERA GIVEAWAY on my blog if you would like to join :)

    www.kindoflovely.com || AUS Fashion/Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope it isn't too late?

    blogofbeanie@gmail.com

    Beanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! I'll add you to the list :) xx

      Delete
  26. Sounds like a really cute idea, Thanks for asking I'd love to be involved xx
    http://chenloudday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'll add you to the list! xx

      Delete
    2. ahh my email is chenday@hotmail.co.uk by the way! xx

      Delete
  27. I'd love to participate in this.. robyn_mcconville@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like this idea: wish I'd done something similar when I was at Uni.

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love to take part if it's not too late :D
    mollyhershaw@yahoo.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add you to the list now :D xx

      Delete
  30. Please please please can I do this too? I know I am near deadline but I just found it and LOVE the idea!

    amziistrev@googlemail.com

    Amazzable xox

    rawramazzable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can join :) I'll add you to the list! xx

      Delete