Saturday, 19 July 2014

A cute Summer's day out



Hello everyone,

The weather  has been so lovely and sunny recently, so wanting to make the most of it (the sun doesn't stick around long in England) I decided to go on a cute day out last week with my granny, sister and little cousin. We started the day with a little look around the dainty, little craft shops by the canal before heading towards the ice-cream parlour. I opted for two scoops of delicious, summery strawberry ice-cream as that's my favourite, but I kind of wish I had tried something new such as the Oreo flavour which my sister had which looked amazing! Our local canal always has something going on, and whilst we were there a footballer puppet show was taking place in celebration of the final of the World Cup that day. I must admit the puppets did look a bit freaky and my little cousin was not too amused!
After my gran took a million photos of my little sister, cousin and I, we decided to go to the chippy for lunch. With a view of swans swimming by the canal, this was the perfect little lunch on a beautiful sunny day. Before heading back home we went on a little explore by the canal whereby me and my little cousin raced down hills surrounded by the beautiful countryside. I really enjoyed this little spontaneous adventure day out with my family, these are the best kind of days. I'm back in Sheffield now and have finished packing (just about) ready to move into my new house tomorrow. I'm so excited! My next post will be a tour of my new room which might take a few weeks to put up as we have no internet yet but I'm looking forward to sharing it with you!
Have you been making the most of the sunny weather too? What's your favourite thing to do in Summer?

Lauren
xxx 

13 comments:

  1. Aww, such cute pics. My favourite thing to do in the summer is sit in the park with an ice cold cider and good magazine. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) That sounds good, I love going to the park in summer too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing day! One of my favorite things to do in the summer is explore the different neighborhoods in NYC!
    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was :D that sounds amazing, I'd love to go to New York one day xx

      Delete
  3. such a cute post! oh and you guys have the BEST hair, serious hair envy

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some RayBans and a beauty goodie bag worth £300 on my blog! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely day out, you look really pretty too :)

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog!
    Unfortunately I won't be able to join your box swap as I'm not a student, but thanks for the invite anyway lol :)

    Laura ♥ | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/
    Bloglovin' | Google + | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a lovely time, and what a beautiful looking place!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had such a cute day, I love reading posts like this! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ! I'm literally a fan of your blog and I have started my own blog recently and i thought you could give me some advise/feedback and some information on how I can get a higher traffic. Thank you :)
    http://amazingisyourname.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parece que fue un gran día. Muy lindo atuendo! Un abrazo.
    twognrtions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete