Saturday, 7 June 2014

Monthly photo highlights | May


Hello everyone,


First of all I am sorry for the lack of blogging over the past month; I'm hoping to blog a lot more now over the summer as I've finished with uni now until October when I enter my final year! This month has probably been the best yet (I know I keep saying that but that's a good thing right?) with going for meals and night out with my flatmates before they all left for summer, achieving a 2:1 overall for second year, baking cupcakes and enjoying the sunshine with lots of dog walks and going to the beach. I loved going home for a week after handing in all of my assignments; it's so nice to visit all my family and friends who I haven't seen in a long time and have a good catch up - I'm actually back home right now for another week before I go back to uni to search for a summer job. 

The highlight of my trip home was definitely going for Afternoon Tea with Emily and her mum at our local village pub, we enjoyed a lovely girly chat whilst eating the most incredible bite-sized food (white chocolate crème brûlée, fish and chips, glittery rocky road...) served on a really cute, miniature picnic bench. Another  highlight was going to Chester Zoo with my best friend; I have always loved going to the zoo so this was such a lovely day. We spent the day walking around the zoo in the sunshine looking at all the cute animals (the chimps are my favourite, I could watch them all day!), having a picnic and eating ice-cream.
1. A lovely day at Chester Zoo with my best friend, you're never too old to enjoy going to the zoo! The baby orangutans
and chimps were definitely my favourite, can adopt one for my birthday please?
2. It's always nice to go home and give my baby chihuahua lots of cuddles
3. This is probably the best photo I took at the zoo, the giraffe looks so cute!
4. Lunch (an impossibly enormous lunch) with my granny
5. Playing badminton with my little sister
6. Afternoon tea served on a picnic bench with Emily from aletterfromem and her mum
7. The last big night out with my best uni friends
8. Baking strawberry and cream butterfly cakes... they were all gone within a few hours!
9. Enjoying the sun with a dog walk on the beach
More photos from my day at Chester Zoo!































































































I hope you all had a lovely month just like I did! Do you have any plans for summer? Do you have any nice holidays coming up?

Lauren
xxx 

7 comments:

  1. You've got a really cute blog! It seems like you've had a REALLY lovely month, I'm so jealous of the zoo-part ;) I started to work full-time this month, so I've spent all days at work. But I like it so I don't mind! I'm actually looking forward working all summer, haha!

    http://traineatlive.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes it was a lovely month, especially going to the zoo haha! That sounds great, good luck with your job and have a lovely summer :) I really hope to find a job asap! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely, I've been wanting to go to the zoo for ages now! x

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter how old you get, the zoo is always fun isn't it! xx

      Delete
  3. Ah I've not been to the zoo in YEARS but seeing your photos made me want to go again! Great pics of the giraffe :]

    www.mrjoiee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definietly say that saying it's the best month yet continuously is a wonderful thing! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look delicious, not surprised they went quickly!!! Also your dog is soooo cute! :)

    Love From Twinkle

    ReplyDelete