First of all I am sorry for the lack of blogging over the past month; I'm hoping to blog a lot more now over the summer as I've finished with uni now until October when I enter my final year! This month has probably been the best yet (I know I keep saying that but that's a good thing right?) with going for meals and night out with my flatmates before they all left for summer, achieving a 2:1 overall for second year, baking cupcakes and enjoying the sunshine with lots of dog walks and going to the beach. I loved going home for a week after handing in all of my assignments; it's so nice to visit all my family and friends who I haven't seen in a long time and have a good catch up - I'm actually back home right now for another week before I go back to uni to search for a summer job.
The highlight of my trip home was definitely going for Afternoon Tea with Emily and her mum at our local village pub, we enjoyed a lovely girly chat whilst eating the most incredible bite-sized food (white chocolate crème brûlée, fish and chips, glittery rocky road...) served on a really cute, miniature picnic bench. Another highlight was going to Chester Zoo with my best friend; I have always loved going to the zoo so this was such a lovely day. We spent the day walking around the zoo in the sunshine looking at all the cute animals (the chimps are my favourite, I could watch them all day!), having a picnic and eating ice-cream.
|1. A lovely day at Chester Zoo with my best friend, you're never too old to enjoy going to the zoo! The baby orangutans |
and chimps were definitely my favourite, can adopt one for my birthday please?
2. It's always nice to go home and give my baby chihuahua lots of cuddles
3. This is probably the best photo I took at the zoo, the giraffe looks so cute!
4. Lunch (an impossibly enormous lunch) with my granny
5. Playing badminton with my little sister
6. Afternoon tea served on a picnic bench with Emily from aletterfromem and her mum
7. The last big night out with my best uni friends
8. Baking strawberry and cream butterfly cakes... they were all gone within a few hours!
9. Enjoying the sun with a dog walk on the beach