Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Baking | Giant chocolate cookies


Hello everyone,

One of my favourite things to do in my spare time at uni is bake; I particularly like baking cakes but the other week I decided to make something different. This recipe which I will be sharing with you is probably my favourite cookie recipe ever, I actually made a double batch of these cookies and they were all eaten within two days by me and my flatmates. I hope you like this recipe and try it out for yourself- they are super easy to make!

Makes 12 cookies:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 275g self-raising flour
- 75g cocoa powder
- 3 chocolate bars

Method:
1. Pre-heat oven at 220C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. After measuring out the butter and sugar, mix together until creamy.
3. Crack in an egg and bind together.
 4. Following from this, throw in all of the dry ingredients; flour, cocoa powder and chocolate (which have been broken down into squares).
3. If the mixture is looking a bit dry, add a few drops of milk.
4. Once all the ingredients are well combined, scoop 12 even balls onto the baking trays making sure you set them far apart.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 220C.
6. Leave to cool for 30 minutes (if you can wait that long) and enjoy!

What do you like to bake? Do you think you'll try making these cookies? I'll definitely be making more soon!

Lauren
xxx 

17 comments:

  1. LOVE these cookies Lauren, should not have given me the recipe... I will get so fat making them over and over ;)

    www.aletterfromem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might make some more next weekend.. maybe white chocolate ones? :P xx

      Delete
  2. Mmm, cookies with big chunks of chocolate! I would probably add some nuts in them or dried cranberries. Can't help loving nuts and dried fruits :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea! I bet it would be nice with the cranberries :) xx

      Delete
  3. Looks soo yummy. I used to bake loads but I just don't find the time any more, I keep meaning to pick it up again
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sometimes time consuming, but so worth getting back in to :) xx

      Delete
  4. I always try to bake but my things never turn out right! I suppose because I never really stick to the recipe and don't use the right sugar and stuff, but I am determined to one day make cookies and use the right ingredients! These looks so good x

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they do taste amazing! maybe you should try this recipe and stick to it? haha xx

      Delete
  5. Oooh they look yummy!

    c0yoteugly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran across your link in a comment on another blog post, I love your layout! The post was informative and the cookies look delish - I'll definitely be keeping up with your blog! :D

    Kristi
    seriouslysparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look so good! I will have to try them (very) soon!!
    xo
    The Beauty Break // http://beautytimebreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look yummy, I'll have to give the recipe a go.

    Grace x

    http://littlefashionstudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey i should learn this recipe.
    Thank you for sharing :D

    http://inathaita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so yummy !!! *o*
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete