Thursday, 2 January 2014

New Years Inspiration


Hello everyone,

Every year, most of us make the same resolutions year after year which seem to only be kept for a few weeks if not a few days. You're not likely to get the body of an athlete (unless you have amazing willpower and can live without cake), nor are you likely to be any more organised than you were the year before. I'm not saying any of these are impossible (anything is possible if you put your mind to it and have a lot of determination), but the more realistic your new years resolutions are, the more likely you are to stick to them. I don't usually make new years resolutions, but I do like to make a list of things I want to achieve throughout the year and a list of things I would like to do. For example, things I want to achieve in 2014 include getting at least one 1st in any of my assignments, I'd like to learn something new, and also want to do some voluntary work. Things on my to-do list in 2014 include going on a Sea Bed Walk with fish, turtles and sharks (this terrifies me slightly but I still would like to do it!), going on a pony trek in the Lake District and dressing up all sophisticated to go out for Afternoon Tea. Maybe you could try making lists like this too, it's great to look back on at the end of the year to see how much you can tick off your list and see how much you have achieved.


My quote for 2014 is going to be "The most important thing is to enjoy your life -to be happy- it's all that matters." This quote is so true, you need do the things you love, try new things and enjoy every moment and every second of life as you never know what could happen. You need to appreciate everything you have, turn negatives into positives as everything happens for a reason and be happy and confident with who you are now and what you dream to be. This year I'm going to focus on enjoying every aspect of university, getting more involved and discovering new things which I hope to enjoy. Being happy is truly all that matters, everyone wants to be happy! I hope to be a more positive person by the end of the year (and continue this through the years to come) about everything in life, in particular I'd like to be more positive towards myself and not put myself down into thinking I can't do something because I won't be any good at it and say yes to more opportunities.

I wish you all an amazing 2014 and I hope you become a step closer if not achieve your dreams! Do you have any resolutions or goals for the new year?

Lauren
xxx 
This is part of the #2014BloggerChallenge

20 comments:

  1. I never make New Year's resolutions because I know they will only be on my mind for about one week, maximum. But like you say, it's a good idea to make a to-do list. I think that actually sounds more positive too than making goals you are never able to achieve :)
    Have a wonderful New Year, Lauren!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely make a to-do list too! Hope you have a wonderful new year also :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love this quote ! Audrey Hepburn quotes are lovely! I'm a new follower of your on bloglovin! I love your blog layout so pretty!
    Sophie Jenner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Audrey Hepburn quotes too :) Thank you, I'm also now following you :) xx

      Delete
  3. what a lovely post Lauren :)
    I'm so glad I realized there is a much better way of living life, that is being positive..turning literally everything from a negative to a positive..life is already cruel so lets change the way we look at it! :)

    http://awholelotofchittychat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) having a positive outlook on life is definitely the best thing to do! xx

      Delete
  4. I've been on a pony trek in the Lake District and it was so much fun! I hope you do achieve everything you wish to! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to do it, it looks so cute!! Thanks, and you too!! xx

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! I love this quote, It's so true! I 'll just try to be happy this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)! All the best for you too! xx

      Delete
  6. Happy new year lovely! I hope it brings you nothing but happiness! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too! Thank you, I hope the same for you :)! xx

      Delete
  7. Aw cool post:) I've put afternoon tea on my to do's for the year too!

    http://itschristiefriday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've always wanted to do it, it looks so cute and fun!! xx

      Delete
  8. and be happy now! with what life gives us at the moment!, I would apply it every day, sometimes it's hard! must try!
    chek my post if you've time, and I would love to follow each other if you're agree just follow me and follow back inmediately!
    http://carlottaloth.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-year-inspirations-blogger-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post! :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  10. great quote! it's also one of my faves! :) and that's my goal for 2014 as well! And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoops i meant i followed you on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dear! I have tagged you for the "My First Time" tag! I would love if you answered to it, but feel free to refuse of course ;)

    Check it out on: http://lifeloverbydani.blogspot.be/2014/01/tag-my-first-time-i-tag-you.html

    Thanks!

    Xoxo,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete