University family Christmas dinner

Earlier this week, my flatmates and the flat opposite got together for a big Christmas dinner before all heading off home for the holidays. Sam opted to be head chef and did an amazing job of cooking for all nine of us! To start off with, we had a delicious Italian platter, spring rolls, chicken bites etc for starters and for the main we had roast chicken, roast potatoes (the best roast potatoes ever), carrots, roast parsnips, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and mash potato. Needless to say, we were all a bit too full for desert afterwards! During the meal we listened to Christmas songs, pulled crackers and told terrible Christmas jokes- it was a really nice night. After the meal we opened our secret Santa gifts - which I was a bit nervous about as I don't like opening presents in front of people because I can't control my facial expressions if I don't like something haha - but thankfully it was a yummy giant chocolate cupcake (which I have almost eaten, ooops). The rest of the night involved chilling out and watching Elf, one of my favourite Christmas films.

Christmas meal | Head chef | Bryn the crazy dinosaur | Delicious food | Great friends | Telling Christmas jokes | Taking as 
many roast potatoes as possible | The girls | Christmas jumpers

It was really nice to all sit down for a meal together, laugh, watch Christmas films, relax and forget about the stress of essay writing and exams! I hope that we do more things like this in the New Year, which I am really looking forward to by the way! I actually feel really positive about next year and I can't wait for it to start. With regards to New Year's resolutions, I don't really have any.. I just want to be happy and try and do as many things as possible, new things, before my university life is over because it's going by so quickly! Do you have any New Year's resolutions? I hope you all have lovely Christmas's and a great New Year!!

The best flatmates and friends!

8 comments

  1. This sounds like such a lovely evening. I really miss being at uni at this time of year! Have a great Christmas x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really was :)! Hope you have a lovely Christmas too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love those little parties with my flatmates. They are the best! Seems like you had a wonderful evening!
    Happy holidays, Lauren!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best aren't they!! It was great thank you :) Hope you have a lovely Christmas Sofie!
      xx

      Delete
  3. My friends and I just had a Christmas dinner today, it's always so nice to all get together before everyone goes to their respective families.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, hope you had a great time :)! xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig