I thought I'd share my New Year's Eve look to those of you panicking at the last minute on deciding what to wear, how to do your makeup or hair! Hopefully this will give you a little inspiration, I think the makeup look I chose would adapt to many occasions and is perfect for a night out. Like every New Year's Eve, I'll be going to a small family party with food made by my granny (who is one of the best cooks ever), a few too many alcoholic drinks, watching TV and looking at the fireworks from the window as the clock strikes twelve.
1. I have naturally curly hair so this look is really easy to achieve by using curling mousse, but if you don't have natural waves to your hair, then put your hair into around 4-6 plaits on wet hair and leave to dry to create the same effect.
2. Once your hair is dry, take the Avon Moroccan Argon Oil gloss spray and spray this evenly through your hair using your fingertips (use your hands as a brush) to ensure soft, glossy waves.
3. Once you're happy with your hair, add a cute accessory (the bigger, the more glittery, the more flowery the better). I opted for a floral crown- I feel like New Year's Eve is a great time to wear a floral crown!
1. Take the Collection concealer and apply under the eyes to hide any dark circles and also apply on any blemishes or any areas of redness you may have.
2. After you have concealed any areas you wish to cover, take your foundation (I like to use the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation) and apply evenly using a Real Techniques stippling brush.
3. Using a large blusher or bronzer blush, apply the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer in areas which the sun would hit you (i,e. forehead, cheekbones and chin).
4.Blend your bronzer into your foundation to avoid any harsh and unnatural lines.
5. Using the original Naked palette, apply the shade 'virgin' under the brow bone, 'gunmetal' through the crease, and 'creep' across the lid. Blend out using a clean brush or fingertips.
6. Apply Avon's glimmersticks eyeliner in the shade Blackest Black on your tightline, waterline and just above your lash line to create a really dark and smoky effect.
7. Going back to the Naked palette, apply the shade 'creep' under the eye and blend out using a clean eyeshadow brush.
8. To finish off the eyes, use Maybelline The Falsies mascara for a dramatic look.
9. For lips, use a nice, glittery gloss to complete the New Year's Eve look. I opted for Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipgloss in the shade Snow Pink.
I'd finish this look off with a little black dress or a cute sparkly number, I've included a few of my favourite dresses below for some inspiration.
|Laura dress £65, Kristen dress, £50, Sarah sequin dress £55 - all from Topshop|
What are your plans for New Year's Eve? I hope you all have a lovely evening whatever you decide to do!